Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Greatest Christmas Decoration

Definitely a digital camera moment in the Christmas decorating hall of fame.

No, this didn't happen at our house. We could use some excitement around here, but if there were a guy hanging from our roof, Jan would take his picture and then turn the hose on him while she called the police. Since we can't identify him by his face, we wonder whether the police have butt recognition software today.




"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."

***************
Fortunately, Jan did manage to find the Text Tool in PSE. And a Crop/Resize Tool. They must have been on vacation Sunday, but they were back Monday morning, and Jan has f-i-n-a-l-l-y finished one whole design for our Zazzle store. We have tried to explain to her that one design does not provide enough variety to interest us, let alone customers. So we're not open yet.

19 comments:

  1. Ha!

    I've seen a preview -

    Two of woo are HOT HOT HOT!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think that it was a great decoration, while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fabulous decoration!!!

    We can't wait to see the zazzle designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I must admit that this has improved my mood immediately. I don't want to be viciousness but I would like to see the old lady.

    Good luck,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's FUNNY ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma wanted us to be sure and thank you for helping make her special day even lovelier.....and of course we thank you also.......xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is too funny. Well,maybe not.

    So is your Mom going to offer PSE classes soon for the rest of us?

    Woos, TD and Phantom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there! How nice to meet you. I am indeed Ludo's brother, we have the same dog-daddy :)

    Hugs
    ~Fizz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came over today to see how things were going for the store and if you were opened yet. Are you planning on an opening event at your place? I will be there first in line you bet.

    Love the Christmas decorations at your place. You all are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is funny and can imagine what fun it caused.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was great. Made our mom laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love that!
    Tail wags,
    Storms
    PS: Was Jan able to watch the vid our mom posted to FB yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure your decoration was pawesome!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great decoration! Thanks for the laugh.

    Hope you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mommy laughed so hard at that photo.That is a cool decoration. It looks real. No wonder the cops made the ower take it down.

    -Raja

    ReplyDelete
  16. We will check out the links little one
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.