Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Guilty or Innocent Marcus




Percy:  I'm going to lie her comfortably and listen as Marcus narrates today's mystery.  See if you can figure out who is responsible for the destruction of private property.  If you need a hint, you already know the culprit.


Marcus:  In November, we dogs all got a new bed because someone had destroyed all the old ones.


This was mine.  A nice soft extra large bed Jan would fold in half for extra padding and warmth in my crate.


And then one morning, I discovered my bed flipped over and the bottom ripped open.  


Yes, ripped open!  The material on the bottom is as thin as tissue paper and could not be sewn, so Jan used duct tape to put it back together.  She folded my bed so the soft, warm side was up once again.


And again the bed was flipped over and another hole was dug in the bottom.


And yet again!  And again!  This is what the bottom of my bed looks like now.  And I had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Percy:  Yes, Marcus had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Marcus:  Are you making fun of me?

Percy:  No, I'm just repeating your statement of innocence.  You are innocent, aren't you?

Marcus:  You know I am!

Percy:  So if you are innocent, who is the guilty party?

Marcus:  The same one who destroyed all the beds so Jan had to buy new ones for the winter.  And she should go to jail.

Percy:  Jan should go to jail?


Marcus:  No, little Miss Messy Merci who keeps sleeping in my bed!  I thought old folks are supposed to be quiet and neat, but instead of knitting, she took up digging in bedding and shredding it. 

Percy: We did a whole series on Merci's vandalism last year.  (I think the final one was Dust Mites Exonerated.)  I know you all thought Marcus was guilty, but in this case he is the victim, not the perpetrator.  

Marcus:  Do I get a reward for that? 

Percy:  For being a victim?  I don't think there is such a reward.

Marcus:  For being assumed guilty until proven innocent. 

Percy:  How about if you get to keep what's left of your bed?

Marcus:  How about cash?


15 comments:

  1. hari OM
    Good try Marcus - I think, just accept the relief of the truth being out there for all to witness!!! Pawhaps a little mercy for Merci, too... age does strange things to a gal, y'know... jus' sayin'... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I wonder who on earth could be the guilty party. It's a mystery!

    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold cash is terrific, but a big pile of treats is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm ... Merci's redecoration skills are much like Bear Cat's ... and he's very proud of his work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poor bed! Marcus, you need to protect it a little better, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may have a case for slander if you contact attorney Ernie! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always know you are innocent Marcus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was the tree rat
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marcus, we're so sorry. And ya' know what? There is a fund fur victims of crimes. it ain't much, but they do make da guilty pay da dapurreciated cost of da items they damaged/destroyed once they've been convicted. We know this, cuz mommy actually got a check once when her car had been broken into. Like 10 years later she got a little cash from da courts. 'Course by then she'd already been out da money fur da repairs and so much more. And da check? It wouldn't have even covered a car wash. MOL But we are sorry 'bout your bed. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason, whenever I see the name Marcus, I assume he is guilty of something....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope you figure out who done it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I am embarrassed, Marcus, to have instantly thought, Oh, boy, I know who THAT was.
    You are exonerated, whatever that is, and poor elderly you know who will just have to be watched a bit by you. Maybe give her an old pillow or something....OUTSIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello funny farmers its dennis the vizsla dog hay despite wot the evidense may be inklooding eye witness evidense i do not think this wuz the wurk of enny funny farmer inklooding merci i am konfident this is the wurk of ninja hedjhogs!!! posibly waring merci disgizes they ar masters of disgize yoo no!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, MJF do similar things, but being a terrier I have always done that, BOL!!! Its hard to find beds that I have a hard time to dig/rip. I even use my teeth to get the job done...And since the kitties here cannot do such evil to nests, petcretary *knows* it is I and she has caught me red pawed at it, too...sigh...
    Foster/Smith pet site does sell some indestructible beds, but they are furry $$ and no I don't have one, BOL!!! So maybe Merci needs a big area /corral to herself when there is no peep to make sure your nest stays safe, Marcus.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.